DropDown Menu

  • Adventures
  • Tiny House Living
  • Motorcycles & Scooters
  • Musty the Mustang
  • Puppies

    Wednesday, February 13, 2013

    The start of this great venture


    Yay beginnings!

    I guess the upside of this is that I can look back and say that, that point right there is where things all started to go wrong...or right..or whatever the case may be. 

    That point, the origin of all these shenanigans,  comes from one simple enough question - 
    How do you wear long hair under a motorcycle helmet? 
    Serious. Google it and you'll get one of three answers: 1. chop it off, 2. get over it, or 3. the low ponytail.
    1. Isn't gonna happen
    2. How can I get over it?! That's the equivalent of giving up and consigning myself to bad hair days everyday. I want to ride everyday - to work and from it, and I'm not going to get dressed and do my hair in the teensy bathroom stall with bad lighting and spotty sewage. 
    3. Is boring. I could do a low pony and get that weird crease at the back of my head with a super flat top. I could swap the pony for a bun in the previously mentioned ladies room - but that doesn't solve the deflated volume issue. I also get super snarly when I ride with my hair in a low pony, braids, or ponytails with extra bands going down to the tips.

    So...how do you get sleek supermodel hair to come cascading out of your helmet when you take it off after a ride? 

    This isn't a manly-rider question, but you can't call it silly unless you either have a solution for the problem, or you dig lady bikers with permafrizz hairdos.




    No comments:

    Post a Comment