1. Turn off the TV, turn on the music, and dance!
2. Clean and organize your home.
3. Aromatherapy - cloves, lemon, ginger, cinnamon, orange - happy smells!
4. Goloshes and a good walk.
5. Eat blue and purple - blue berries, beets, trout, blue potatoes, concord grapes, and eggplant.
6. STRETCH - either with yoga or on your own.
7. Plan your spring - are there places you'd like to go? Research them! Things you'd like to do? Prepare for them!
8. Write letters to friends and family - when was the last time you got something better than bills or junk in the mail, it feels great to get a letter, give it a shot.
9. If you work during the day and don't get a lot of light - improve the lighting at your work space and take breaks to go outside and face the sun. You may look weird, but it's better to be happy and a little weird/quirky, than depressed and sad.
10. Pay attention to yourself. The message of this season tends to be all about giving - giving money, giving time, giving presents, donating coats and socks, and all of those things are great - just make sure you also give to yourself. Listen to what your body needs and act accordingly. Maybe you need a little more sleep, a good foot rub, a long bath, a salad instead of another piece of cake - pay attention to your body and mind.