DropDown Menu

  • Adventures
  • Tiny House Living
  • Motorcycles & Scooters
  • Musty the Mustang
  • Puppies

    Wednesday, February 8, 2017

    Seattle Snowpocalypse!

    Oh my stars - There's snow in Seattle!
    In winter I dress like Paddington Bear
    Streets are closed. Businesses are closed. Schools are closed.
    Roads are impassable.
    No one owns a shovel.
    There's no road salt.
    There's screaming in the streets...well, there's kids in the streets and they're shouting as they throw snowballs at each other...but you can sense the panic :-)

    I waited until near the end of the Superbowl to head out to the grocery store, not because of the snow - just to get my weekly supplies! The snow was just an added bonus as everyone had already raided the store and it was open and easy to shop. I'm not sure where you are, but 6pm on Sunday night the grocery stores here are usually packed! Thanks to the Superbowl and the snow - I was in and out in 15 minutes.

    By the time I got home it was coming down pretty heavily and had started to stick. I set my regular Monday alarm, just in case, but woke up to a wonderful white winterland I've never seen in Seattle before. A true New England-style winter holiday.

    I checked the news and sure-enough everything was shut down for the day. No school, no work, no nothing.

    So, for the first time in a long while, I had a snow day.

    I got back in bed and napped.
    I made a really real breakfast with eggs and toast and tea.
    I watched cartoons.
    I read.
    I reorganized the pantry, dusted the wall art, and cleaned the tub.
    I worked with Pye on Roll Over and cuddled with Fams.
    I went for a walk with Pye and threw snowballs for her.
    I made a snow angel. If you haven't made a snow angel in a while, this is super fun!
    I took Pye to the indoor dog park and threw a ball and practiced tricks with her.
    I had company and made a dinner to share, and breakfast, and cookies...I did some serious baking!

    Thank you snow day, you were a lovely day.

    
    Big snowball!

    
    Hover-dog

    
    CHOMP!

    
    Catch!
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment