DropDown Menu

  • Adventures
  • Tiny House Living
  • Motorcycles & Scooters
  • Musty the Mustang
  • Puppies

    Tuesday, February 13, 2018

    Short post on why I don't post on politics

    I could say a LOT on politics. I could talk about Trump, democracy, hypocrisy, feminism, micro and macro aggressions, rallies, deaths and demonstrations. It isn't as if I'm not active in those realms...so why don't I blog about it?

    Because my opinion is not important to this discussion and other people do so much better and yet still aren't heard. The most I feel I should do is make space for those folks - not raise my own voice and speak over them. Does the world right now need to hinge on the political opinions of another privileged white woman? NOPE.

    So, I listen, make time, donate, and try to hold a safe space for those who I really do like to listen to. I try to recognize my privilege, ignorance, and racism when it comes. I'm sure a lot of it still sneaks by, but I'm working on it.

    The following is a list of places I get my news and look to for thoughtful opinions, not that I always agree with them, there's some stuff here that I don't like, but enjoy reading just to have an idea where folks are coming from.

    The Root
    Jezebel
    Offbeat
    Autostraddle
    Officer.com










    No comments:

    Post a Comment