DropDown Menu

  • Adventures
  • Tiny House Living
  • Motorcycles & Scooters
  • Musty the Mustang
  • Puppies

    Wednesday, February 28, 2018

    Working at the Zoo

    One of the things I absolutely adore is being at the zoo early in the mornings when the animals are waking up. I have never had such a shot of adrenaline as when I went to the bear exhibit one morning and one of the bears was making this noise, is it even a roar? a growl?, and it sent shivers right up my spine! I felt like a tiny scared monkey facing this great wild beast. It was glorious!

    It is a great privilege to have that opportunity. I've also had other amazing experiences that I doubt I would ever have had if I didn't work at a zoo - feeding lemurs, getting my boots unlaced by a curious penguin, meeting amazing conservationists and research folks, collecting peacock feathers, being roared at by a lion (another tiny scared monkey moment!) and having a raptor perch upon my arm. There's so many more I'm sure I'm forgetting too.

    I'm an office-worker so I don't get out as often as I'd like, but working in such a cool environment is a really special experience.

    Photos to share!

    Free-roaming peacock

    My favorite sign - says so much without a single word!

    The fairly quiet co-workers

    Gorillas on the move!

    There's a red panda in there - hard to take a picture of but super cute in person!

    Star Wars night at ZooLights

    No comments:

    Post a Comment