DropDown Menu

  • Adventures
  • Tiny House Living
  • Motorcycles & Scooters
  • Musty the Mustang
  • Puppies

    Tuesday, January 12, 2016

    What's in my travel makeup bag?


    Travel time!

    These are my go-to items for trips - be they weekend jaunts or week long vacations, I try to keep it minimal. I usually break up the liquids from the solids and put them in a plastic baggie which is handy for airport security and protects my bag / minimizes damage in the event that the liquid under pressure leaks or explodes.


    1. Dr Bronners Peppermint Soap - I use this stuff for everything. Body wash? Yep. Washing socks? Yep. Makeup remover? Yep!! Before the flight I'll fold 2 or 3 paper towels in four and stuff them into a plastic bag with some water and a few drops of this stuff. They make great hand wipes and it feels so refreshing on the plane to just lean back and drape one over your face and eyes for a bit.

    2. Skinceuticals UV Defense SPF 50, Tinted - weightless, non greasy, matte, tinted SPF that lasts. I wear this most days and have smaller travel sized / sample sized ones I use for trips.

    3. Benefit, They're Real Mascara - This is great mascara! It doesn't smudge, run, or dry out my lashes and the small .14oz size is perfect for my make up case.

    4. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - I wear the Hibiscus, but there are lots of other great colors as well.

    5. Sephora : N.69 - Desert Dune - This is a great brightening eyeshadow. I actually line my tear bags (google it if you don't know) with it and it brightens up my eyes like no other.

    6. Tiny Hair Claws - Handy for hair, or gripping headphone cables to your shirt, or...well, hair mostly.

    7. Aveeno Natural Protection SPF 50 - Let's face it, I'm pale. I don't tan, I just burn. If I go outside without protection I end up looking like a blistered lobster. It hurts! So, to protect my skin - and the eyes of those around me - I use SPF 50. I like the Aveeno because it feels less greasy, but if I'm going in the water I'll switch to Banana Boat.

    8. Benefit, They're Real Push Up Liner - Another item from Benefit. They have been a good brand for my skin temperament and tone. This liner is easy to use since the bottom just twists the liner through a very narrow silicon sleeve. You have to clean the sleeve, by wiping it off so there's no build up, but that's much easier than remembering to bring your pencil sharpener.

    9. L'Oreal True Match Crayon Concealer - This is great for under eye circles or spots. The pencil is easy to clean and the coverage on my skin is true to the color on the product.

    10. Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Treatment - Works. Does what it says it will do. After the stress of flying, strange foods, different climate, and whatever else comes my way - I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

    11. Bandaids - Another item I'd rather have and not need than need and not have. I'm accident prone.

    12. Hair Ties - I make my own from old tights. They are stretchy and never snag my hair. Just roll out your tights, cut off the bottom and top so you have two long cylinders, and then cut the cylinders about every two inches. The 2" strips will roll into bands and BOOM hair bands!

    13. Armani Si Perfume - Personal choice. Having a little something that make me feel like a luxurious jet-setting rock star makes me happy and can put pep in my step after that 8 hour flight. I also like the solid perfume from Lush. I use their Gorilla Rose, but for hotter weather I'm sticking with the water tight bottle of Si.

    14. Wooden Comb - I don't use shampoo or conditioner (see older posts) so I can save that shampoo and conditioner room for my comb and hair ties. I'll treat my hair to a good brush and maybe a vinegar rinse before the trip and then not worry about it the rest of the time. Beach waves here I come!

    15. Advil - Plane flights are very hard for me. Advil and lots of water make it slightly more tolerable. Slightly.

    16. Plastic Baggies - I use clear pencil cases or reuse Ziploc baggies with the big zipper on them since they are easier to open. See #1 and the opening paragraph for some awesome uses - others include - dirty laundry, swimsuit storage, jewelry storage, and holding shells found on the beach.

    17. Sunglasses - I get my sunglasses through Zenni. I am a huge fan of Zenni optical and have started a glasses collection thanks to them. Check out my bathroom tour if you don't believe me. They have their own wall storage!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment